In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1en plena forma
- The teenager is now a strapping six feet two inches tall and fighting fit.
- Hopefully she will be back fighting fit in the New Year when we will all give her a lot of support and hope that she won't take on so much.
- Mrs Lee, who has nine grandchildren and 18 great grandchildren, said the years of exercise have helped keep her fighting fit.
- They need extra calories to make sure the body is fighting fit.
- The Norden couple are ‘over the moon’ that Daniel, originally wheelchair bound because of nerve damage to his feet, is now fighting fit after receiving the all-clear in May.
- We are pleased to report him fighting fit; he will not be silenced.
- But now, seven years on she's fighting fit and loves taking part in the games.
- I'm fighting fit,’ and I hopped up and down a bit on my good leg to prove it.
- But thanks to a new ‘wonder drug’ which her husband Tony learned about on the Internet, she now has the disease in remission and feels fighting fit.
- From the very expensive to platters that suits the middle class incomes, the Capital is now finally offering healthy, fighting fit options.
- The quick-tempered ‘bad boy’ is fighting fit after taking up boxing this summer.
- I still feel fighting fit and ready for anything.
- ‘I've never felt less than fighting fit during all this nonsense,’ he added nonchalantly.
- That was 14 years ago and Peggy is fighting fit today.
- The reefs are more than healthy, they're fighting fit, offering an extravagant array of bright soft corals and oversized sponges.
- So, until we return, bronzed, rejuvenated and fighting fit, this news and opinion space will be filled with the works of those poets who have inspired us down through the years.
- Now the eight-year-old is fighting fit again after making an amazing recovery - with a little help from his older sister.
- Those two points remain the most fascinating about the family with Frank looking a fighting fit man well into his late middle age but showing no signs of slowing or giving up the ghost.
- Then doctors discovered her brother, Bernard Horrocks, was a perfect match and he was happy to go ahead - now Kim is fighting fit and looking forward to enjoying life.
- And, just as I was starting to feel fighting fit again, food poisoning hit me over the weekend.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.