In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1filete masculinosolomillo (de ternera) masculino Españalomo masculino América del Sur
- There's nothing quite like a nice, tender filet mignon over candlelight at a nice restaurant.
- The filet mignon grabbed my attention right away.
- Desirable items such as lamb chops and filet mignon rotate through less often than they should, or may never materialize unless you ask.
- So you're always eating filet mignon and caviar?
- That means grilled slices of filet mignon perched on a neat mass of grits, flavored with horseradish and bacon fat.
- I also need filet mignon, cheeseburgers, every type of ice cream and sorbet, plus fresh fruit and snacks.
- In between, there's a tough but tasty cut of hanger steak, an absurdly tender filet mignon, and a classic twelve-ounce New York strip.
- I'd be more than happy to prepare filet mignon and French fries for him every night if only he would eat it.
- I sat in my seat without much of an appetite and ate, after I was told to, filet mignon with some Caesar salad.
- Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of filet mignon.
- It includes sirloin, filet mignon, flavour-packed sausages, roast beef, pork and lamb.
- The result is an intense popcorn flavor, and here at Dry Creek it's used to dust and add flavor to filet mignon.
- Also, have an occasional treat - subbing in, say, filet mignon for a flank steak.
- Choice cuts of meat - filet mignon or chicken breast - are mostly lean muscle.
- So why do people like filet mignon if you have to add fat to it in order to make it taste the way it does?
- Inside the ball we were served filet mignon and veal cutlets in the shape of the state of Texas.
- The filet mignon was equally satisfying (it's tender, too, and looks liked a well-charred softball), and so was the tougher, more flavorful sirloin.
- Sure, it won't be a big dinner of filet mignon and lobster.
- Schoolteachers at my buffet brawled for overpriced filet mignon that'd come from grass-fed Florida dairy cows.
- It's a great place for people-watching and the food isn't bad either - try the lobster and crab cakes, filet mignon and spinach salad with bacon dressing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.