In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estrella de cine femenino
- My dentist told me that for that price I could have a set of teeth like a Hollywood film star.
- You mostly have to be good if you want to be a film star, but you don't become a film star just by being good.
- Mel was the kind of man who I thought would be a film star.
- There is a message loud and clear for the younger generation to go vegetarian whether one is an ordinary person or a film star.
- To be a film star she must be willing to go all the way.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.