In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(banking, business)finanzas femeninothe world of high finance — el mundo de las altas finanzas
- Maybe some kind finance department official could sit him down and explain the fiscal facts of life.
- The court argued that someone working in the government finance ministry could not possibly be subject to persecution.
- I am the finance manager of a small consulting company in the aviation industry.
- The last few decades have witnessed many innovations in the consumer finance industry.
- Salaries will remain competitive in the banking, finance and accounting sectors.
- The problem stems from a change in the way public finance is handled.
- I've got our local government finance spokesman, David Cameron, coming up on May 20th.
- The firings will affect all areas, including the company's corporate finance and stockbroking arms.
- The event is being billed as a must for those raising funding and for those in the corporate finance business.
- Offshore finance centres have been subjected to increased criticism over recent years.
- Whether, say, joint degrees in economics and finance are covered by the data is unknown.
- I am not fully convinced that the designated finance minister is up to the task and she has a lot to prove still.
- The corporate finance sector in Ireland will continue to experience a flight to quality.
- Of course, using an advisor will always cost you money - in finance, there's no such thing as a free ride!
- The finance department has also been developed to meet the needs of the bigger merged company.
- For a book about money, finance and the stock market, those sorts of numbers were previously unheard of.
- The council of finance ministers cannot depart from the rules laid down by the treaty
- "There are mixed signs," said the finance chief of an Irish multinational.
- The resulting entity became known as Kerry Group, and he became its finance director.
- Law announced ten days ago that the archdiocesan finance council had voted not to approve the deal.
2finances pluralrecursos financieros masculinosituación financiera femeninosituación económica femeninomy finances won't run to a trip to Egypt — el estado de mis finanzas no me da para ir a Egipto
3(funding)financiación femeninofinanciamiento masculino América Latina(department) de financiaciónFinance Bill — proyecto de ley presupuestaria masculino
- Quite unlike several other areas, finance for housing is said to have a tremendous future.
- A recurring suggestion for raising finance for urban road projects was to charge for congestion.
- Peoples has been supported by a mix of debt and equity finance provided by Bank of Scotland.
- A number of former managers at Intercontinental have also been trying to raise finance.
- Most of the book makes sense for any old economy business seeking finance from external sources, too.
- He is an incredibly able businessman who has an uncanny ability to tap into all possible sources of finance.
- However, the London stock market where it is such a powerful force is dwindling in importance as a source of company finance.
- Boswell admitted he could have raised finance on the strength of several Scottish actors.
- The fund operates as a lender of last resort for businesses that cannot raise finance from another source.
- Nor has the bank any specific bargaining leverage, assuming Lincoln can obtain finance from an alternative source.
- The first part of the puzzle that Doug sold me on was what was going on in mortgage finance.
- In dealing with other potential sources of finance as arranger, the bank is acting as the borrower's agent.
- To date it has been almost impossible to raise small amounts of finance to develop our business in the region.
- It is easy to find private sector finance for an enterprise that guarantees profits for 25 years.
- A local source of finance is essential if local independence and accountability are to be maintained.
- It is also important to identify the sources of finance for these projects.
- There are three possible sources of finance for a garden to match my delusions of grandeur.
- Now, the massive pool of global speculative finance has its sights on myriad markets and asset classes.
- The lotto is the club's main source of finance which is the lifeblood of the club's activities.
- So I may know very little about cars and driving, but I know a fair amount about car finance and insurance!
1(expansion/project/industry) financiarhow are you going to finance the trip? — ¿cómo vas a financiar / a costearte el viaje?
- I'm not going to finance your drinking! — ¡no pienso costearte el vicio!
- The capital flows that financed the US current account deficit were already beginning to dry up.
- For all you know, their lavish lifestyle may be financed by a string of debts.
- The fund will be financed by the social security's health insurance system.
- The two-year project is being financed by the Central Research Unit of the Scottish Executive.
- It was financed from funds specifically identified for teaching undergraduates and nurses.
- Thirdly, such an arrangement defeats the object of the typical transaction financed by a bank.
- Also, the government financed private sector lobbying for government defence contracts.
- One is that the money must go to projects not normally financed by the British taxpayer.
- Britain is in the middle of an unprecedented and unsustainable consumer boom financed by cheap credit.
- It has no debt, which means much of the development programme could be financed through project finance.
- The proposed tax cuts, to be financed by the current budget surplus, might help.
- The researchers were financed independently from the funding organisations.
- How many people have moved up the housing ladder financed by the proceeds of stock market gains?
- They are hoping to secure a deal with local companies to help finance it.
- It will be financing such customers either directly or through its franchisee set up.
- Thus, local taxpayers and baseball fans financed the entire cost of the stadium.
- Connolly has financed the venture through a combination of savings and bank loans.
- It's hard to do the former and very easy to do the latter especially if parents and grandparents are financing them.
- Each acquisition is subject to regulatory approvals and financed by a mixture of cash and stock.
- The private sector, in fact Irish pension funds, could finance the entire project.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.