In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(banking, business)finanzasthe world of high finance — el mundo de las altas finanzas
- The resulting entity became known as Kerry Group, and he became its finance director.
- Offshore finance centres have been subjected to increased criticism over recent years.
- The event is being billed as a must for those raising funding and for those in the corporate finance business.
- Whether, say, joint degrees in economics and finance are covered by the data is unknown.
- Of course, using an advisor will always cost you money - in finance, there's no such thing as a free ride!
- I am not fully convinced that the designated finance minister is up to the task and she has a lot to prove still.
- Law announced ten days ago that the archdiocesan finance council had voted not to approve the deal.
- The finance department has also been developed to meet the needs of the bigger merged company.
- Maybe some kind finance department official could sit him down and explain the fiscal facts of life.
- The firings will affect all areas, including the company's corporate finance and stockbroking arms.
- Salaries will remain competitive in the banking, finance and accounting sectors.
- The last few decades have witnessed many innovations in the consumer finance industry.
- The court argued that someone working in the government finance ministry could not possibly be subject to persecution.
- I've got our local government finance spokesman, David Cameron, coming up on May 20th.
- The council of finance ministers cannot depart from the rules laid down by the treaty
- I am the finance manager of a small consulting company in the aviation industry.
- "There are mixed signs," said the finance chief of an Irish multinational.
- The problem stems from a change in the way public finance is handled.
- For a book about money, finance and the stock market, those sorts of numbers were previously unheard of.
- The corporate finance sector in Ireland will continue to experience a flight to quality.
2finances plrecursos financierossituación financiera femeninosituación económica femeninomy finances won't run to a trip to Egypt — el estado de mis finanzas no me da para ir a Egipto
3(funding)financiación femeninofinanciamiento masculino América Latina(department) de financiaciónFinance Bill — proyecto de ley presupuestaria masculino
- So I may know very little about cars and driving, but I know a fair amount about car finance and insurance!
- The fund operates as a lender of last resort for businesses that cannot raise finance from another source.
- A local source of finance is essential if local independence and accountability are to be maintained.
- A recurring suggestion for raising finance for urban road projects was to charge for congestion.
- Peoples has been supported by a mix of debt and equity finance provided by Bank of Scotland.
- Quite unlike several other areas, finance for housing is said to have a tremendous future.
- There are three possible sources of finance for a garden to match my delusions of grandeur.
- It is easy to find private sector finance for an enterprise that guarantees profits for 25 years.
- However, the London stock market where it is such a powerful force is dwindling in importance as a source of company finance.
- The first part of the puzzle that Doug sold me on was what was going on in mortgage finance.
- Most of the book makes sense for any old economy business seeking finance from external sources, too.
- He is an incredibly able businessman who has an uncanny ability to tap into all possible sources of finance.
- Boswell admitted he could have raised finance on the strength of several Scottish actors.
- It is also important to identify the sources of finance for these projects.
- In dealing with other potential sources of finance as arranger, the bank is acting as the borrower's agent.
- To date it has been almost impossible to raise small amounts of finance to develop our business in the region.
- Now, the massive pool of global speculative finance has its sights on myriad markets and asset classes.
- Nor has the bank any specific bargaining leverage, assuming Lincoln can obtain finance from an alternative source.
- A number of former managers at Intercontinental have also been trying to raise finance.
- The lotto is the club's main source of finance which is the lifeblood of the club's activities.
1(project/industry/expansion) financiarhow are you going to finance the trip? — ¿cómo vas a financiar / a costearte el viaje?
- I'm not going to finance your drinking! — ¡no pienso costearte el vicio!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.