In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuerpo de bomberos masculino
- Your local fire department may agree to put on a workshop for area contractors.
- My wife opened the front door - it was the fire department, wanting to know if we were OK.
- Soon the whole school was evacuated and the fire department on the way.
- The local fire department had a huge influence on my life and my experiences there will never be forgotten.
- The fire department responded in a short time, but it felt like an eternity for somebody sitting in a crippled jet.
- The local fire department had to be called in to extinguish the blaze.
- The office also coordinates action with local police and the fire department.
- They are designed to be used by trained staff in an attempt to put out a fire while waiting for the fire department to arrive.
- I directed him to call the fire department then try to extinguish the blaze.
- A few minutes later the fire department arrived to evaluate the scene and verified the aircraft was safe.
- After the fire was under control, the fire department allowed us into the garage level to remove our cars.
- If you're not sure where to start, contact your local fire department for recommendations.
- Another source for information is your local fire department's hazardous material team.
- They continued to fight the fire until the fire department arrived on scene.
- He then alerted paramedics and the volunteer fire department who were at the crash site in a short amount of time.
- One time, the local fire department had to be called to a store opening to control the mob.
- To learn more about volunteer opportunities in your area, call your local fire department.
- The municipal fire department was called and the firemen battled in a fruitless attempt to control the blaze.
- The police descended, and with them came the fire department, ambulances, and a helicopter.
- We suggest that you also call your local fire department and ask it to do a safety inspection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.