In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1servicio de bomberos masculinobomberos masculino
- A hero who smashed his way into a burning house to rescue his elderly neighbour has been commended by the fire service.
- Petrol had been poured through the letterbox, said a spokesman for the fire service, and was then set alight.
- She said the fire service had also encouraged all schools in Swindon and Wiltshire to fit sprinkler systems.
- It was also an area identified by the fire service as a hot spot for fire-related incidents and nuisance calls.
- The fire service will continue to try to find the source of the blaze.
- The road is very narrow and at teatime when cars are parked the fire service or ambulance would have no chance of getting down.
- The fire service and police can also make objections to the applications.
- What is really at stake, he and other firefighters argue, is the future of a professional fire service.
- The dramatic move looked set to break the deadlocked pay row and end months of industrial unrest in the fire service.
- The school's staff and pupils had gone home for the holidays and an automatic fire alarm alerted the fire service.
- Both were rescued by the fire service and suffered only minor injuries.
- The three workers got off the boat and went ashore to tell their safety officer, who then called the fire service.
- Hoax calls to the fire service have been flooding in from call boxes on a Manchester estate at the rate of one a week.
- His father was forced to quit the fire service after an injury at work and became a lollipop man.
- He said the aftermath of the cloud of thick, acrid smoke had forced the fire service to issue public health advice.
- If I'm asked my opinion about the cuts being made to the fire service in London I'm going to give a frank answer.
- The fire service said today it had responded to about 30 flood watch calls yesterday and last night.
- The cause of the blaze is still being investigated but the fire service believes a faulty television could be to blame.
- The public in Bolton - and the rest of Greater Manchester - had a fire service to be proud of.
- What we need is a fire service for the 21st century, one that is more flexible.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.