- Bottle rockets, firecrackers, and Roman candles are illegal in Iowa, yet some people purchase these items out-of-state and light them at home or at family gatherings or parties.
- On Christmas Eve, Christmas night and, to some extent, on the nights preceding these, several areas were plagued by the noise of firecrackers and occasional larger fireworks.
- As the boat drifted away from the shore, a loud crackle and pop of firecrackers filled the air - we were told it was a Thai custom to drive the evil spirits away, and that Lord Buddha would protect the boat throughout our trip.
- In recent years, the Chinese government has clamped down on firecrackers and fireworks in the cities because of fire hazards.
- The sparkler demonstrates how to get bright, sparkling light from a firework, and the firecracker shows how to create an explosion.
- We raided the place and found hundreds of packages containing explosives and firecrackers.
- We lit off so many bottle rockets and firecrackers that we had the girls running for cover.
- The Tribunal heard the device was constructed out of firecrackers and a pipe but was not a genuine explosive.
- I used to buy seven sacks of dates and numerous boxes of firecrackers and fireworks.
- Dennis also bought thirty to forty dollars' worth of fireworks, everything from firecrackers to some really serious-looking rockets.
- Explosions of firecrackers signaled the end of the half-day ceremony.
- They suddenly heard a loud cheering, and possibly a firecracker.
- Three warehouses containing explosive materials, gas cylinders and powerful firecrackers were completely destroyed.
- No fatalities or injuries were reported following the explosion, which was reportedly caused by firecrackers placed inside an empty energy-drink bottle.
- Fireworks and firecrackers are being sold even by informal traders at the Yeoville market.
- Seemingly innocuous sparklers, firecrackers and bottle rockets exact a toll of pain and suffering on thousands of Americans each year.
- In the evening, every house, store, temple and wall is decorated with thousands of small lamps, while fireworks are set off overhead and firecrackers by the hundreds of thousands below.
- All around us, Berliners were lighting off fireworks, firecrackers, noisemakers and rockets, and none too cautiously.
- To well-off businessmen, the lighting of firecrackers and fireworks, to this day, symbolizes their expectation of wealth for the coming year.
- Among the dead were seven people trapped in houses set alight when a firecracker ignited a stack of fireworks.
2(person)polvorita femeninoshe's a real firecracker — es una polvorita / un barril de pólvora
- People cant believe she's almost 78 years old, because she's still such a firecracker!
- What a firecracker she is!
- I have a beautiful, wonderful, firecracker of a daughter.
- If I had to chose one word to describe the broadcast legend, I would say he's a real firecracker.
- I wish there'd been more people like her in my own family, more loud little firecrackers who gave us all a run for our money.