1dispositivo pirotécnico masculino formalhe threw a firework at me — me tiró un buscapié (or cohete etc.)
- fireworks — fuegos artificiales / de artificio
- to watch the fireworks — mirar los fuegos artificiales / de artificio
- before noun firework(s) display — fuegos artificiales / de artificio
2.1(noisy scene)trifulca femenino coloquialthere will be fireworks if her husband comes home drunk — se va a armar la gorda si el marido vuelve borracho coloquial
- So what kind of emotional fireworks can we expect from her?
- Edwina, who lives with her husband and kids in Toronto, says there are always fireworks when show business and family life collide.
- We can also expect fireworks from such a temperamental lot, most notably the manager.
- We're warned that there will be fireworks if the couple meet each other.
- There are sure to be fireworks on and off the pitch as these two bitter rivals reacquaint themselves.