In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pueblos indígenas del Canadá
- I spent the first months meeting people and listening to our 11 First Nations communities.
- Everyone recognizes that the Assembly of First Nations is an unwieldy organization in dire need of reform.
- Since when were the First Nations of Canada homogenous, or even similar?
- The balance of power between colonial interests was controlled by the First Nations until the American civil war.
- Specific claims arise when the federal government breaches its agreements with First Nations.
- He will not quibble about the cost of this process because Canada owes First Nations more than it can ever repay.
- This action by the minister to silence us is an ominous sign for all First Nations organizations in Canada.
- The report also stated that Canada has tried to fit all First Nations into the same box.
- One of the problems with our education has been the government's approach to First Nations communities.
- I am a final year Australian law student and I've come to Canada for my final semester to study First Nations law.
- She was the first First Nations woman in Canada to obtain a law degree.
- There is disagreement within the First Nations community about that.
- Unlike many First Nations people in Canada, the Inuit have always given Canada the benefit of the doubt.
- The Six Nations councillor representing a B.C. First Nation raised his hands and remained in his chair.
- It is time a party began to work towards settlement with the First Nations people of Canada.
- It is the largest First Nation community in Manitoba, with an on-reserve population of approximately 3,065 residents.
- Canada holds in trust a little over a billion dollars that belongs to the First Nations communities.
- Talks between the First Nation and the federal and provincial governments broke off in 1995.
- Frequently they do it from an office far from the First Nation and rarely visit the community, often only twice-monthly to deliver cheques.
- This respect should be expanded to embrace all aspects of First Nations culture within North America.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.