In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1besuguera femenino(de forma alargada para cocer el pescado entero) cacerola femenino
- Scottish couples are ditching such wedding list staples as toasters, towels and fish kettles for a bottle or 12 of vintage Bordeaux or champagne.
- I usually buy a whole salmon as I have a fish kettle.
- My mother-in-law's recipe for eating them cold is simple: put the fish in a fish kettle and cover the whole with cold water.
- There is a wall of old kitchen ranges, stoves and spits and shelves of gleaming antique copper kitchenware: raised pie and blancmange moulds, fish kettles, stock pots, skillets.
- Put it in a fish kettle, cover with water and boil slowly for half an hour.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.