In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
2(fabric)red femenino(stockings/tights) (before noun) de malla gruesa(tights/stockings) (before noun) de malla de red
- I wore black fishnet stockings and stilettos that wobbled underneath my feet as I stepped.
- I gathered my long dress in one hand, pulling the material up as far as my knees, revealing black fishnet stockings.
- I opened my eyes and found myself staring at a pair of legs in knee high boots, fishnet red stockings, and a red and white schoolgirl skirt.
- The black fishnet top, and the tight t-shirt with the skull on it weren't quite right for this occasion.
- The top was black and sleeveless, with fishnet covering my stomach up to the frayed hem of the fabric that made the actual shirt part.
- Strutting across the stage in fishnet stockings, her long silky legs draw all the attention away from me.
- She then stepped into a long, black skirt, and, with much effort, managed to get on her black fishnet stockings.
- I looked down at my short tartan skirt and fishnet stockings, my black nailpolish was looking good and so was my ripped black tank top.
- Finally she settled on a black corset dress, her skull necklace, black combat boots that went up to her shin and black fishnet tights.
- She was wearing a blood red tank top, black miniskirt, and fishnet stockings.
- I pulled out a black long dress, black fishnet stockings, and see through undershirt.
- She was wearing black leather ankle boots and fishnet stockings.
- She is fairly small in real life, about 5ft 5in, but tall in sling-back stilettos and fishnet stockings.
- Her hair was long and a deep purple colour and her short skirt revealed gorgeous legs - albeit clad in fishnet stockings.
- She was wearing a black tank top and a red tartan mini-skirt with fishnet tights and black, leather, knee high boots.
- She was dressed in a short denim skirt, black fishnet stockings and high red sandals.
- She stomped her way across the room, grabbed her by the arms of her black fishnet sleeves and collar shirt and planted a kiss on her.
- All around the room there was a buzz of voices, and all the people seemed a whirl of fishnet stockings, bright makeup and colorful clothing.
- PVC, fishnet, Lycra and velvet were worked into corsets, coats and masks.
- She was wearing a red tube top with a black fishnet top on top of it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.