In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fisión femeninomolecular/atomic/nuclear fission — fisión molecular/atómica/nuclear
- Because fission releases additional neutrons, a chain reaction can take place.
- In most cases, the purpose of a nuclear reactor is to capture the energy released from fission reactions and put it to some useful service.
- These fission products are not found in natural background radiation, but are exclusively byproducts of nuclear weapons explosions and nuclear reactor operations.
- It produces no fission radioactive by-products or fallout of serious concern.
- Uranium fission plants in the US are presently supplying less than 8% of our total energy demand.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.