In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An accomplished amateur, his progress up the fistic ladder was on its way.
- As a fighter, he was and is the most complete Heavyweight Champion in fistic history.
- The late 60's and early 70's spawned an array of fistic talent in the heavyweight division.
- It's a good read and it will bring back a lot of fond fistic memories.
- Only in the recent years he has finally started to get the status that his fistic achievements have deserved him.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.