In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1five-a-side football — futbolito masculino Colombia Chile
- At the same time, brokers will want to hear more about the group's plans to open a chain of health clubs and five-a-side soccer domes.
- There was a disappointing turnout for the launch of a new monthly five-a-side soccer tournament in Pewsey on Sunday.
- The school has just won a £12,000 grant to build three five-a-side soccer pitches.
- The layout also includes the building of a new health club and restaurant, improved bar, clubhouse and shop plus two new indoor five-a-side pitches.
- There is a desperate shortage of five-a-side football pitches in this area.
- It also boasts five-a-side football and basketball facilities.
- There also will be a tug-of-war, penalties competition and a ladies' five-a-side football tournament.
- In another strangely bizarre move, I have also agreed to try out for A's women's five-a-side football team next week.
- An outdoor sports centre with five-a-side football and hockey pitches.
- A corporate indoor five-a-side football league will kick-start the hall into community action in January.
- York would benefit particularly from the planned cricket, football, and all-weather five-a-side football pitches.
- A falconry display will also take flight on the day, and boys and girls will play in finals of the local schools' annual five-a-side football tournament.
- The high school has a swimming pool and two five-a-side pitches, but can only be used for clubs and lessons.
- The synthetically surfaced courts are equipped for use for either five-a-side soccer or basketball.
- The site, mainly used for five-a-side football and volleyball, had a worn surface and fencing and floodlights needed to be replaced.
- Multi-use games areas provide facilities to cater for netball, basketball and five-a-side football as well as an additional area for tennis.
- Cheering spectators packed into the aisles as eight five-a-side teams at a time played the fiercest and fastest football they could.
- It also has a large tarmac sports area, for tennis, basketball and five-a-side soccer.
- The facilities will also be on offer to the netball teams and both junior and adult five-a-side football teams.
- The school will use the money to fund an Astroturf pitch for five-a-side football, hockey, basketball, netball and other sports.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.