In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(gloves/fabric) ininflamable(casserole/dish) resistente al fuego
- Using a flameproof 2-quart soufflé dish or deep, enameled cast-iron pan, assemble the panade in layers.
- As the fennel finishes browning, remove the wedges to a flameproof baking dish.
- Cassocks are similarly inadvisable in a force 10 gale, replaced by the standard hard hat, flameproof overalls, safety goggles, boots and gloves.
- Poachers had reclaimed it as a hide and then a watercolourist had sheltered in it from a heath-fire because the mud walls were thick as a flameproof blanket.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, lidded frying pan or flameproof casserole, and brown the lamb shanks well on all sides.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large flameproof casserole or deep saucepan (one with a lid); it should be wide enough to hold all the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Keep the safety factor in mind when you make pajamas; flameproof fabric is often used for younger children's sleeping clothing.
- Serve risotto in the flameproof dish or arrange on a warmed serving plate.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole and fry the onions until golden brown, for about 10-15 minutes.
- Arc welding and cutting operations should be shielded by non-combustible or flameproof shields to protect employees from direct rays.
- Arrange the toast around the edges on a flameproof platter.
- Melt 25g of the butter in a flameproof casserole dish.
- Put the slices of fennel in a flameproof dish and brush with a little olive oil.
- Heat a shallow, flameproof cast-iron casserole or deep sauté pan (with lid) until you feel a strong heat rising.
- The grilling may be done over the flame or indirectly, the food being shielded by a flameproof metal mat, or in a pan.
- So, if we found a way to make anything flameproof, using your technology of course, you would have claim to most of our work?
- In a heavy, flameproof casserole, cook the sausages and duck in the olive oil until their fat runs and the sausages and duck are golden on all sides.
- She explained that standard fans and not special flameproof fans (which have spark presenters) were installed.
- Put the pieces into a flameproof glass, stainless steel or china dish with the wine, oil, herbs, garlic and peppercorns.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.