In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The handmade flashcards were not helping my nephew Clayton.
- I saw a few juniors I knew sitting on a few brick steps on the side of the school building as they quizzed each other with flashcards.
- I'll order her textbooks for next year, but for now we'll probably just use your old books and flashcards.
- The flashcards are all word cards, and a huge bunch they are.
- Witnesses used flashcards with the words written out instead of saying them in court.
- They asked 109 children (boys and girls) to identify creatures depicted on a series of 20 flashcards.
- Chloe put her books away after studying and making flashcards for the final.
- He smiled gently, putting the flashcards into a pocket.
- Create flashcards - put topics or questions on the front and answers on the back.
- I know it's a bit complicated for him - maybe you could use the flashcards with him to explain.
- Rance took out a cardboard flashcard and shoved it stubbornly at the two month old Alex's face.
- Some people have thousands of flashcards organized alphabetically by topic.
- Well, I'd start by putting away the flashcards.
- The classes here are fun to teach but very poorly resourced, based largely around boring textbooks and flashcards, with most classes being about 3 hours a week.
- Although this lacks the lively graphics of the BBC site, it uses a simple and fast-loading form of presentation to teach simple German through the use of flashcards, games and word searches.
- We have various learning toys and aids in our home and there are many lessons taking place each day (at home and away) but I have never drilled him on facts or even used flashcards.
- They themselves may not have much in attention spans either, but flashcards are still only entertaining for so long.
- If you are writing the numbers down, you can make flashcards.
- In a French lesson for six children aged 10 and 11, the assistant head used pictorial flashcards to keep the children amused.
- A set of flashcards that were made from photocopies of the cards from the two decks were used as well.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.