In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1flashback masculinoescena retrospectiva femeninoanalepsis femenino formal
- The story is narrated in flashback by Louis, in a letter written from his prison cell.
- The film's structure is unusual - the story is presented as a series of narrated flashbacks that are often disconnected.
- In prison, she tells her story, and the rest of the film proceeds in flashback.
- While the film's story is told in flashback, it is certainly a look forward, into the future, for its director.
- Much of the story is told in flashback, a technique that can be annoying, because it interrupts the flow of the narrative.
- The movie begins at the end, telling most of the story in flashback.
- The film unfolds in flashback and ends where it began.
- The story is told in flashback as Will and his pregnant French wife Josephine recall the stories his father had told him all his life.
- It's also a clever way to integrate flashbacks into the main story, effortlessly making them obvious to the audience.
- One option we talked about was framing the story itself in flashback with a narrator.
- In the film, the story's narrated through flashbacks, motivated by Stefan's reading the letter before the duel.
- The film is told in flashback and is set between 1940 and 1944.
- It is never a good sign when a film is told in flashbacks and the same actors are playing the same roles, back and forth.
- The talk show framing device allows Ricky (hidden in the shadows) to narrate his story in flashback.
- The story is intercut with flashbacks to earlier summers, when the sun shone and everything in the garden was lovely.
- In a series of flashbacks, the film dramatizes the unfortunate consequences of this belief system.
- He tells his stories in a series of flashbacks, mixed in with ‘present-day’ scenes.
- The film works in flashback, filling in the details of the trial and the events leading up to the verdicts.
- This is the story of their reunion, interspersed with romantically filmed speechless flashbacks.
- In a series of scattergun flashbacks, the story of their affair emerges.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.