In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pez plano masculino
- The fish - mainly haddock, cod, whiting and flatfish - are usually dead by the time they are returned to the water.
- The California halibut is a flatfish with an oblong, compressed body and a large, powerful, broad tail.
- Today we can read the course of this evolution in the development of a flatfish.
- The plaice is one of the smaller flatfish found around the British coast.
- Like most flatfish, brill move inshore in the spring to spawn in shallow water.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.