In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1adulador masculinoaduladora femenino
- The crowd's loud cheers and shouts of applause were typical of the flatterer, excessive and insincere.
- Wisdom is also needed in picking and satisfying his closest advisors and avoiding flatterers.
- Men like this associate only with flatterers, and are friends to nobody.
- Your closest retainers and flatterers have never led you astray before and they will not fail you now.
- Artists are mainly flatterers when it comes to the portrait.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.