In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1blondo literariorubísimoa flaxen-haired girl — una chica rubísima
- The voice belonged to a tall knight, dressed all in armor, with dark skin and flaxen hair.
- He had azure coloured eyes and flaxen hair with indigo streaks.
- He had an unruly shock of flaxen hair, lighter than the colour of wheat, and huge, sparkling eyes.
- Her creamy skin glowed in the firelight, and her flaxen hair was like spun gold.
- In that white dress, with that flaxen hair and those blue eyes, she looks as if she's descended straight from heaven.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.