In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mercado de las pulgas masculinomercado de pulgas masculino Cono Surrastro masculino España
- The flea market attached to the St. Jacob's market sells many interesting and unique items.
- Present each with a small amount of cash (a fiver maximum), take them to the local flea market or car boot sale and let them browse around hoovering up the bargains.
- We see all this talk about what the flea market customers think, a survey carried out in the flea market is bound to show most people being in favour even if most of them are from outside Craven.
- Sometimes an individual, after swinging a sweetheart deal at the flea market or auction, wants to know just how old a machine is.
- There is a flea market and fun fair planned for Zoo Lake, in Parkview.
- Once a month in the summer locals gathered on the courthouse lawn for the flea market, exchanging gossip and junk under the big pecan trees.
- There was a flea market selling daft antiques - mainly old junk that it was difficult to imagine anyone buying.
- The streets were filled with booths like a shanty flea market.
- Perhaps, when you were young, your parents stopped at a flea market while on vacation and one vendor was selling old kitchen cupboards.
- Right in town, the weekly flea market continues to grow as vendors hawk their wares and produce to all who desire the freshest of what our area has to offer.
- Experience the flea market - where junk shines brighter than neon!
- Nothing is more thrilling than discovering an old discarded treasure at a flea market or yard sale, purchasing it and placing it high on a shelf in your home where it will sit and be admired for years to come!
- Garcia said US Customs began tracking Guthrie after undercover agents linked him to pirated discs being sold at a Mississippi flea market.
- That's him in front of his store in the flea market!
- If the author is correct in the assertion that one person is paying £26,000 in rents for a flea market, this does suggest that it is a business, rather than a charity.
- She was still in her boots, brown Doc Martens that she bought on sale at the flea market just last week, when her life wasn't so dramatic.
- The city approved renovations for a flea market at Norwood Plaza Shopping Center at 5451 Norwood Ave.
- The Jam will also have a flea market where you can sell, buy and barter musical instruments, audiotapes, CDs and rock T-shirts.
- We also need a proper weekly flea market and secondhand book market just for starters.
- And every Sunday, like a weekly ritual, a flea market also appears.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.