In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1auxiliar de vuelo femeninosobrecargo femenino
- A flight attendant on his Freedom Bird asks him if flying in Vietnam frightened him.
- Just last week, a young flight attendant collapsed in the briefing room of our International Airport.
- Deborah Welsh had been a flight attendant for 25 years and hated early flights, but had agreed to trade shifts to oblige a colleague.
- She was a former flight attendant and later began training airline personnel on customer services.
- The flight attendant tied the curtain so business class could not use the offending lavatories!
- I posted a song by an unknown flight attendant for Eastern Air last Decemeber.
- Trent stepped onto the plane, ignoring the flight attendant who welcomed him aboard.
- On an airline flight, a businessman complains to a flight attendant that she isn't smiling.
- She notified a flight attendant, and the pilot alerted Denver International Airport.
- The airline flight attendant explained to the passengers, that although he is blind, he is the best copilot in the company.
- She discovered the knife and turned it over to a flight attendant before takeoff.
- The flight engineer became unconscious after reviving the flight attendant.
- One flight attendant called the airline to tell them what had happened and give them the seat number of the hijacker.
- Sue Makras, 34, is a flight attendant for a US airline operating from Heathrow.
- A flight attendant urging him to put on his seatbelt woke Jamie from his nap.
- The flight attendant switched Rob's ID with that of the dead captain.
- They handed their tickets to the flight attendant and were shuffled onto the plane.
- I left law school to become a flight attendant for El Al airlines, a job that literally opened up the world to me.
- She'd had to explain her complete breakdown during takeoff to an anxious flight attendant.
- As the seatbelt sign came on and the flight attendant started to demonstrate the proper way to put on your seatbelt, Misery looked out her window.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.