In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1maceta femeninotiesto masculino Españamacetero masculino América del Sur
- Fill nine small containers, such as flowerpots or tea cups, with presoaked floral loam.
- A 17th century rubbish pit in Norwich contained fragments of ‘horticultural vessels’, or household flowerpots.
- The birds then obligingly dropped their feces into well-placed plastic flowerpots near popular perches throughout a large, wooded test area.
- Many Dutch gardeners like to force successive flowerings of hyacinths indoors in flowerpots.
- Prepare a couple of flowerpots by inserting a plastic cup or other waterproof vessel filled with soaked green floral foam.
- Will an apple seed planted into a flowerpot grow into an apple tree or a flower?
- Small plants bloom from hand-painted flowerpots on the tables.
- Instead of using a flowerpot, place your candy tree on top of a cake stand tied with a colorful red ribbon for an extra-special presentation.
- The best way to control this is to ensure that any foliage, mulch or flowerpots are removed from the area.
- Fill any clean shallow container, such as a flowerpot base, or terra cotta pot, with plain tap water.
- There were flowerpots with plastic plants and the room was painted a happy green and there was a large green frame that contained Viviane's picture with one of her friends.
- Clay flowerpots, glazed bowls, tin boxes, even paraffined cheese cartons can be used.
- I've brought in lots of flowerpots filled with plants to add color to the yard.
- When Woodward wanted a meeting, he would position an empty flowerpot containing a red flag on his apartment balcony.
- The looms, once used to weave cloth into beautiful intricate patterns, are still hanging around, but are not in much use, while rice mortars have turned into flowerpots and herb containers.
- A round cactus plant in a flowerpot and a photograph of Mukundan and Nalini taken on a drama set stood on a table.
- Tall plants and flowerpots were spreading the aroma of greenery.
- Look for objects such as watering cans old tools or flowerpots that you can dress up with lights flowers or greenery.
- In some instances the plants are shown in flowerpots or cups.
- I do this by standing the hanging basket on a large flowerpot for a week to 10 days before hanging.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.