In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(beard/robe/hair) largo y suelto
- Ryo Hazuki, the title's central character, is a perfectly realised virtual human, right down to his flowing hair.
- His wife and business partner, Elizabeth, is also in black, a flowing dress that echoes her glossy black hair and highlights her porcelain-pale skin.
- He brushed his flowing hair behind his ears and leant forwards towards the wiry man, who was one of his ‘intrepid explorers’.
- Some of them were talking to the young woman, conservatively-dressed in blouse and flowing skirt with suit jacket, standing beside them.
- Tall and beautiful, with long, fair, flowing locks, Griffin could be a schoolteacher, a college lecturer or a trendy university librarian.
- The dress Allie was wearing was a strapless white and flowing gown that fell to her ankles.
- She fluffed her flowing hair and smiled charmingly at me.
- The flowing hair and the thick beard, like an Old Testament prophet's, are intact; the lean figure and upright posture as taut as ever.
- Bring a festive, flowing robe (maybe some flowers in your hair) and leave your inhibitions at the door.
- Favorite materials are flowing and elegant fabrics, like brocade, lace, satin, chiffon.
- He was dressed in dark flowing clothing; she couldn't place the colour in the darkness.
- The technology will help women realise their dream of long, beautiful healthy flowing hair like Rapunzel's.
- She rode on the ocean's surface with the moon illuminating her flowing hair and garments.
- The flowing hair was being braided neatly as she sat, satisfied, near a window seat, chatting with her companion.
- Cassie always wanted to have long flowing hair like her mother.
- He sat next to her, and as she brushed her incredibly long flowing hair out of the way, her lonely but beautiful blue eyes met his deep brown ones.
- She stood in the hallway in another one of her typical flowing dresses, her hair tied up this time and a small pair of silver glasses resting on her nose.
- She wore a flowing dress of light lavender, a complement to the slight olive tint of her skin.
- Love the suit jackets and the flowing dress shirts.
- Another option is a pull-on skirt - choose either a straight or softly flowing style.
- The pilot had a throw-over hatch that conformed to the flowing line on the canopy.
- Most they put immediately back because they were written in Dimish and the Neraks could not read the graceful, flowing script.
- His writing is graceful, flowing and confident.
- The images of the flower, bird and star were reproduced with smooth, flowing lines.
- On the other hand Calsy had more of a ballet dancer's with his flowing and graceful moves as he nailed each step at the exact time he was told.
- If their flowing style isn't working - usually when Henry is off the boil - they are dead.
- A snake slithered over its flowing contours, settling into a small hollow beneath the mound.
- Forget the visual overload philosophy of Ferrari or Lamborghini, beautiful flowing lines and soft curves is where it's at.
- It has no sharp edges, only non-aggressive flowing lines.
- Curves are some of the most beautiful thing that nature has given us, the flowing lines, smooth and gentle.
- The varied and consistently gifted voices use flowing prose to honor myriad erotic expressions of black sensuality.
- Ascending along this road, you open a valley broad and shallow, a wide green trough of pastures and hedges merging inland into a vista of purple tints and flowing lines closing the view.
- The flowing contours reflect and resolve the different scales of the various parts of the building.
- Williams writes with a clear and flowing style; he also furnishes the historian with a paradigm for writing a college's history.
- His racquet moves in graceful, flowing patterns, each follow-through full and intentional.
- It would be untrue to suggest, however, that the attractive, flowing style evinced by this team stems directly from Kerr's football philosophy.
- That sloping top tube extends the flowing lines to the rear triangle a treat.
- It looks more adventurous, too, what with its curvy rump, flowing lines and funky lights fore and aft.
- Scrupulously researched and presented in an open, flowing prose, these works have reached a far wider audience than those of the majority of academic social historians.
- The forms he invented are usually very simple: they are slender and curving and create continuous flowing lines.
- Melody was expressed by line, tempi by flowing curves or short zigzags, and pitch by nuances of colour.
- Each movement was flowing and graceful, as delicate as a butterfly.
- Deliberately avoiding the gothic style of classic trophies, he chose sleek, flowing lines in a rising tribute to sporting achievement.
- Therefore, in a kata demonstration competition, I think our style might be no match for the flowing style of others.
- From the ground, the flowing lines of the columns that used to rise skyward to a height of 1,360 approximately looked like the slim trunks of a closely planted row of trees.
- The flowing lines and sweeping shapes of a little-known medieval sculptor are enough to tarnish Rodin's reputation.
- The book and the tale of Wright's contribution to Loyalist terror are made even more gripping by Anderson's flowing writing style.
- Romantic art appeals strongly to people's emotions and usually consists of flowing lines and shapes.
- Sir Samuel has a flowing style of writing that never gets bogged down or turgid.
- If necessary, grinding should be done to maintain smooth flowing contours.
- They have transformed the Folly's exhibition space with flowing lines, several six-feet partitions and books detailing each person and their journey.
- He has produced a comfortable read with flowing prose and bite-sized chapters.
- Others paid tribute to a man who gave the impression that he wrote with all the time in the world, in an easy flowing style.
- Her detractors gleefully held up her lack of articulateness in comparison to the flowing narrative of her prose.
- The car's flowing lines and sleek profile hint at Volkswagen's design influence.
- You are clothed in a raiment of ecru, perfectly molded to your smooth flowing curves.
- Throughout his book, White maintains a flowing style and compresses a large number of facts into a highly readable history.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.