In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1medidor de flujo masculino
- This paper examines the dependence of whole leaf hydraulic conductance to liquid water (K L) on irradiance when measured with a high pressure flowmeter.
- The hydraulic conductance of leaves was measured using the high pressure flowmeter.
- Before measurement, the turbine flowmeter was calibrated using a three liter calibration syringe.
- A single oscillator can serve as both a sensor (e.g., flowmeter, acoustic velocimeter) and an orifice.
- Handheld peak expiratory flowmeters have been widely used in the management of bronchial asthma, and as such are familiar to family physicians.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.