In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1unidad de capacidad equivalente a 29,57 mililitrosunidad de capacidad equivalente a 28,42 mililitros
- And, finally, to answer the question perplexing all of Doc's readers, ‘venti’ is Italian for ‘twenty’ and refers to the number of fluid ounces the largest cup holds.
- Put the dates in a bowl with the bicarbonate of soda and cover with 7 fluid ounces of boiling water.
- How anyone dreamed up a system where 20 fluid ounces makes one pint, 437.5 grains makes one ounce and 1,760 yards makes one mile is beyond us.
- An extra 2 fluid ounces a day of any soft drink will increase your weight by around 3 lb each year.
- The lowest recommended use rate is now 40 fluid ounces / acre.
- The product is sold as a four-pack of single-serve bottles, containing 3.3 fluid ounces of a dairy-based, probiotic supplement beverage.
- I had just carefully poured myself a beer, and was holding the glass in front of me, when the bottom fell cleanly off the glass and twelve fluid ounces of Sam Adams Vienna Style Lager landed on the carpet.
- Once you realize that this is going to be a creature feature, a vixen vampire saga without one fluid ounce of creepy claret, you'll immediately understand why this is a mere excuse for eeriness.
- Offered in a 10-pack of 1.75 fluid ounce pops in three flavor combinations, cherry/fruit punch, cherry/lemon and orange/cherry, the product will have national distribution and a suggested retail price of $2.49.
- Darwin described how some primitive peoples would pick up a large toad, gently squeeze it, and be rewarded with several fluid ounces of almost pure water.
- The beauty of this scale is that not only can you switch between kilograms and pounds, it also copes with measuring liquids in fluid ounces or millilitres.
- At the 14 fluid ounce or 0.4l pack size, aluminium cans were and are highly competitive, but were felt by the brewers to be unsuitable for premium beers.
- Twelve fluid ounces of carbonated water, sweetener, flavour additives, colour additives and a dash of caffeine has defined the firm as a constant amid change and made its shareholders rich.
- For example, if you want to add 1 ounce of retarder per 100 pounds of cement, and are using a 6-bag mix, the amount of retarding admixture needed for 1 cubic yard of concrete is 5.6 fluid ounces.
- After forcing it down his throat, he gulped down 24 fluid ounces of water before slamming the empty bottle onto the table and sighing contentedly.
- Applicants must produce less than two fluid ounces of sweat per day on average.
- ‘We track every fluid ounce through this operation,’ says Taylor.
- From the perspective of modern science as well, drinking about one-half of your weight in fluid ounces of water each day is essential for health.
- The average person can satisfy fluid needs by drinking pint of water about 2 hours before exercising and continuing to drink 4 to 8 fluid ounces every 20 minutes or so during exercise.
- A total of 642 fluid ounces were put to hatch at the facility and the resulting eye ova will be stocked out at appropriate locations in the river in due course.
- Costs ranged from one dollar to twenty-eight dollars a fluid ounce.
- A dose of four fluid ounces is enough to scare away feeding sharks, keeping them away from a fish head for two hours with just a few drops a minute.
- Figure how many fluid ounces are contained in a carton or multi-pack.
- We suggest the round figure of one fluid ounce for each kilogram of bodyweight daily.
- But when I buy an espresso from a coffee bar I expect the real McCoy, not cheap powder whisked feebly into two fluid ounces of hot water.
- Usual dose is one to 10 drops in four fluid ounces of water.
- The shampoo is packaged in in the traditional Phyto glass shampoo bottle and contains 6.7 fluid ounces.
- In the blinking of an eye, and without measuring anything or even mentioning fluid ounces, he poured a pile of flour into the bowl, and started whisking it with my manly whisk.
- Connie said the 11.6 fluid ounces of dark ale, bottled in 1977, is not much to her taste as she prefers a cold Fosters lager with a Bailey's Irish Cream chaser.
- Two eight fluid ounce servings a day can help lower cholesterol levels.
- A canteen cup from those days (I have one) holds about 16 fluid ounces, roughly 500 milliliters.
- The flush is done by over-filling the system with a solution of 10 fluid ounces of 5 percent chlorine per 40 gal of water.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.