In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are 18 instrumentalists on this recording (unusually, Sardelli conducts from the flutist's chair), and 15 members of the chorus.
- This Dutch composer seems to have spent most of his career in Amsterdam, where he quickly attained local popularity as a pianist, flutist, and music teacher.
- Later, at the same rehearsal, our principal flutist played a nice solo that was marked piano dolce.
- This concerto will give contemporary flutists a challenge, and yet it has the potential to please any audience.
- Both flute parts are included on each flutist's copy - very helpful to young flutists who may not be accustomed to the individual responsibilities of chamber music.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.