In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1medio apertura masculino
- A fine gymnast, cricketer and rugby player, Eric had a Welsh schoolboy trial as a fly half, but had the misfortune to play opposite one of the future Welsh rugby greats.
- Yarnbury were pegged back into their 22 and the Goole fly half lined up a drop goal attempt.
- In glorious conditions, Sandal moved into an early lead with a drop goal from their fly half.
- Look at the fly halves who have won World Cups - guys like Stransky, Fox, Lynagh, Wilkinson - they know the game inside out.
- England may have two fly halves, but they will still have only 15 players on the pitch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.