In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1médico masculinomédica femenino
- The Red Cross Air Mercy Service is looking at launching a new air ambulance and flying doctor service in the Eastern Cape.
- He signalled his wife to take the boy back to the shore because it was clear nothing could be done and Mr Massender was certified dead at the scene by Scarborough's flying doctor Nick Morton.
- With her dentistry she has worked in St Helena in the Atlantic and in Australia with the flying doctors.
- Anne Wakatama is Chief Medical Officer with the flying doctor service.
- He now does the flying doctor service all throughout Queensland, based in Mount Isa.
- It was leading edge in Canada and it included a team of flying doctors who traveled with the aircraft, making pickups throughout the province, bringing the patients to the tertiary care centers in Winnipeg.
- A flying doctor from Kenya remarked to me that over the years as local tribesmen became more civilised he more often saw arthritis of hips and knees.
- Originally an idea for a film script, The Doctor, out in paperback this month, is essentially a love story built around the trials and tribulations of a flying doctor.
- Wiltshire flying doctors will be holding a presentation in Rodbourne Cheney tonight.
- Raising one million dollars for the flying doctors sounds like a big challenge, but a group of 330 people plan to do it in one week and have a lot of fun in the process.
- During the past year the flying doctors have responded to treat patients who have been left with multiple injuries in car and boat accidents.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.