In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(traditional)canción popular femeninocanción tradicional femenino
- Contestants performed a variety of music from Thai pop songs to old folk songs or ballads from Isaan.
- Swinging on the cot the womenfolk and children used to sing traditional folk songs and enjoy the rides.
- The song is a traditional Ghanaian folk song with lyrics written by Ra'anan Alexandrowicz.
- Both Ruth and Charles also arranged folk songs into concert works, just as Copland did.
- To some extent, it's one of those pieces Vaughan Williams wrote to get English folk songs out to a wider audience.
- Groups singing carols and folk songs to the beat of local musical instruments would arrive unannounced at any time of the night.
- We did some concerts together, in which I paired some folk music with the Luciano Berio folk songs.
- He cherished some lovely old books containing the folk songs and traditional ballads of our land.
- Whether she is singing a traditional folk song, a ballad, or a song with a message, Baez is a singer without compare.
- Traditional folk song festivals are popular events dating back to 1869.
- A folk singer dressed in traditional national costume sang a folk song, which originated from the region of Rhodope mountains.
- American folk songs and patriotic songs played in the background but seemed strangely out of place in such an unfamiliar setting.
- They play sort of heavy music, but the songs are Old Norwegian folk songs.
- Hundreds of North Koreans, including women in red traditional gowns, sang folk songs to greet her.
- At one point the actors begin to sing together, somewhat disjointedly in both a drinking song and a folk song.
- Among the most popular styles of folk songs are love songs and patriotic songs.
- In this compilation, appropriate music has been added, often based on folk songs or popular songs of the time.
- Students will love this new collection filled with folk songs and children's songs.
- If you don't know many, you can find plenty of CDs with silly songs, folk songs and children's songs.
- We use hymns, folk songs and socialist anthems in a male voice choir tradition.
2(modern)canción folk femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.