In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was a metal brace, stuck firmly to his arm from the wrist to half his forearm.
- A section of skin from his thigh was then grafted on to his forearm to reduce visible scarring.
- The most common areas are the inner wrists, the forearms and the ankles.
- He slammed down a chair across from me and sat on the edge, his elbows and forearms on his legs and his hands steepled together.
- There was a large scrape from the middle of his forearm to his elbow, bits of dirt with the blood.
- Then she lists exercises for the shoulders, upper arms, forearms, wrists and fingers.
- She is lying in her bed with her arms extended upwards, bent at the elbow so her forearms rest on the top of her head.
- Strong fingers, wrists and forearms will aid in this simple, yet necessary task.
- Abrasions and contusions can be found on the back of the hands, wrists, forearms, and upper arms.
- Without a word, he pushed my sleeves up to my elbow, until my forearm was exposed.
- Common sites are wrists, forearms, ankles, abdomen, lower back, and in the mouth.
- Boils occur most often on the face, head, neck, forearms and wrists in that order.
- Your elbow should have a slightly wider angle, with your forearms and fingertips facing the side wall of the pool.
- They flex your elbow and rotate your forearm, so your palms can face up or down.
- A bruise stretching from below her wrist bone almost to her forearm caught his eye.
- I lay still, watching him approach, reach out an arm and touch my right forearm with a single finger.
- On one arm, a pair of black metal claws jutted out from the forearm, extending far past the hand.
- An even smaller girl who is seated nearer the front is the next to extend her forearm eagerly.
- Maintain a slight bend in your elbows and keep your wrists aligned with your forearms.
- On her left arm was a gold band that went around her wrist and over her forearm.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.