In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1antepasado masculinoantepasada femenino
- But their forebears were, generations ago, driven from this area by European settlers.
- We must erect a national monument to our forebears who lived and died in U.S. slavery.
- Many of his forebears had colonial ties and his father spent his career in India.
- No longer do young people absorb information about their forebears from grandparents.
- But a congregation of Christian believers are not able to use it and love it as the holy space that it was for generations of their forebears.
- We think our readers will be surprised and encouraged to discover that the forebear of fundamentalism was a true Baptist guided by historic convictions.
- In this, they are deploying a weapon their forebears did not have.
- Your personality, life course and career will have no necessary relation to that of your forebear.
- A small estate winery, located west of St. Catharines on 80 acres of land first deeded to family forebear in 1794.
- I'm sorry, your forebears must have lived in a parallel universe to mine. Is this the Victorian age of the Little Match Girl?
- They lived among a large majority of black people, whose forebears they had exploited and abused.
- My forebear was, according to the family account, very depressed when his teeth started falling out when he was in late middle age.
- Gilbert and George were the forebears of an artistic generation that holds everything to be ironic.
- It does not really take very much time over a family lunch to begin to enquire about one's forebears.
- One cannot hope to rise or succeed in the world unless one's forebears had the requisite abilities.
- Present generations need to know about their forebears, he said.
- I know by my family history that a forebear of mine turned on the gods of Mother India and professed faith to the One True God.
- What the Council might have said more explicitly is that their forebears are also our forebears.
- As a child, I heard the stories from my father about our notable forebear, an honest man who was saved from a massacre, the sole survivor.
- These tales are filled with the blood and tears of my forebears.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.