In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuerpo extraño masculino
- They're simply there to stop foreign bodies going into the lungs.
- An ultra-sound scan revealed the presence of a foreign body in her thigh muscle.
- The foreign body that it cannot effectively assimilate is European modernity.
- It is the foreign body that puts the body to work.
- They are treated as foreign bodies that have to be extirpated from the body Hispanic.
- Remember, your animal suffering a gastrointestinal foreign body does not constitute a lack of parenting or care.
- Come on, Bryan - you must have a foreign body stuck in your pipeline!
- The drawing action of castor oil is also very useful for removing splinters or other foreign bodies from the eye, allowing the offending bodies to be removed along natural channels.
- The cause of the accident was a foreign body which got jammed between the brake caliper and the inside of a wheel rim and machined a groove into the rim which caused an immediate failure.
- This could mean the end of the rejection problem - when the body rejects a foreign body after transplantation.
- The foreign body was removed through another surgery.
- A general anaesthetic can interfere with the body's natural cough reflex, which normally helps prevent foreign bodies entering the breathing system.
- Nature has provided glands that produce wax to keep foreign bodies like insects from entering the ear.
- The body encounters myriad foreign bodies via the mucus lining of air passages.
- If there is a superficial foreign body inside the eye as a result of a glass/iron bit getting lodged in the eye, it needs to be removed as soon as possible.
- The first was to repair the eye immediately after the injury and the second was to remove the foreign body and re-attach the retina.
- The DNA then starts making proteins that are recognised by the body as foreign bodies and attacked.
- That is, in spite of the importance of English to international relations, it remains a foreign body, and one that exists in school at the expense of other subjects.
- Eye injuries may be caused by irritants such as sand, dirt, or other foreign bodies on the eye's surface.
- A foreign body stuck in a pipe covers most situations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.