In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1extranjero masculinoextranjera femenino
- In Japan it seems, once a foreigner, eternally a foreigner.
- Like the French crowds of 1792, they turned their wrath against foreigners and foreign words.
- The only locals here have been brought by foreigners, and foreigners would only bring a local for one reason.
- They hate foreigners because Americans are foreigners, fugitives from the old order.
- Immigrants may mean refugees, migrants, remigrants and other foreigners and, in some cases, asylum seekers as well.
- I will forever be a foreigner, of course, gaijin, a dog who walks on hind legs, and that's fine by me - it's not my culture.
- The name of a child born to a foreigner in Bulgaria will be determined according to the parents' decision.
- But the number of attacks and harassment against foreigners in Ukraine in the last few months make it necessary to investigate the motives of this murder carefully, including racist motivations.
- Few foreigners are badly hurt during the kidnappings and ransom fees are usually paid to secure their release.
- Exchange permits may, furthermore, be issued to foreigners not older than 25 years of age, who wish to participate in cultural, economic or social exchange programmes, administered by an organ of State or a public higher educational institution in conjunction with an organ of a foreign state.
- This right wing party is attacking foreigners and foreign cultures.
- It is those foreigners sent here by foreign companies that receive high salaries for working in Shanghai.
- Not that I don't think it's a good idea - hell, if it had been my misfortune to be born a foreigner, I might do the same - but I wonder what put it in their heads to do it now.
- Looking around this country through the eyes of a gaijin - a foreigner - things are just different.
- An important distinction is that between foreigners passing through and metics settled in the polis.
- At midday Wednesday, buses brought some 90 Ukrainians from Gaza into Israel, and more foreigners were expected to enter later in the day, military spokesman Shadi Yassin said.
- These pages provide information for employers hiring foreigners and foreigners coming to work in Finland or already living in Finland.
- How many European elections are contested by foreigners with foreign accents?
- This foreigner was born in Japan, as were his parents.
- This sounds unlikely coming from a farang - the Thai term for a foreigner - but the trader doesn't hesitate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.