In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mala memoria femeninoshe is inclined to forgetfulness — es muy olvidadiza
- The Constitution does not mandate lenience, forgiveness or forgetfulness.
- She had learned the hard way a long time ago that forgetfulness was considered negligence.
- This was a time to drink the mind into oblivious forgetfulness, and to hell with the world.
- The court considered a belief may be honestly held whether it stems from intoxication, stupidity, forgetfulness or inattention.
- And writing is the enemy of forgetfulness, of thoughtlessness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.