In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The company then applied for and was granted the forgivable loan.
- We've made accommodations to the system and allowances for ourselves which is natural and forgivable.
- At a karaoke bar, bad singing is forgivable, even expected.
- This flaw is forgivable, a natural result of working with a canvas 843 acres large.
- It's unavoidable, understandable, and perfectly forgivable under the circumstances.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.