In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1perdón masculinoto ask/beg sb's forgiveness for sth — pedirle/implorarle perdón a algn por algo
- In what ways is your perspective about sin and forgiveness being challenged?
- It is a sign of grace, both a confession of sin and a penance by which forgiveness may be obtained.
- On balance, I think I would have to come down on the side of mercy and forgiveness.
- Funny how we really learn to forgive when we need forgiveness ourselves.
- I said all my prayers and asked for God's forgiveness for my sins and lunged forward.
- Instead of just asking me for forgiveness, stop committing sins and do good.
- This is as it should be in a season of forgiveness, of rediscovering tolerance and joy.
- Each moment is hell and my only salvation stems from the mercy of your forgiveness!
- We need to create a culture of tolerance and forgiveness and join hands together as one nation.
- I tried to explain that I was making art, but there was absolutely no forgiveness.
- Christianity is a liberating religion, and forgiveness of sins is a liberating experience.
- When we sin we are to confess that sin, obtaining both forgiveness and cleansing.
- I begged him for forgiveness of all my sins, and through Jesus I was pardoned.
- Yet the atoning death of Jesus is the only basis on which man can claim forgiveness of sins.
- It's the teacher who teaches you how to live a life of tolerance, forgiveness and so on.
- Therefore, we must turn around, change direction, and come to God for mercy and forgiveness.
- People commit wrong actions, for which they require forgiveness or acquittal.
- I now repent of all that is past and ask for your forgiveness for all my sins.
- Redemption and forgiveness of sins is through the direct agency of his shed blood.
- We need to cast ourselves upon God's mercy and seek forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.