In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1formica femenino marca registradafórmica femenino América del Sur marca registradacármica femenino Uruguay marca registrada
- With layers of paint applied to Formica over plywood, the surface has become matte black with the exception of one long, shiny black stripe that streaks down the middle of the work.
- On the other side of the room, four wall pieces were made of multicolored Formica mounted on board.
- To fill these unique homes, unique furnishings were needed and aiding designers of the time was a host of new materials to work with: plastic, vinyl, fiberglass, aluminum, PVC and Formica.
- Most people in the United States and Canada are familiar with laminate counter tops, such as Formica.
- Solid-surface counter tops have replaced Formica, and plastic partitions have replaced the rusted metal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.