In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)palmarés anual de las 500 empresas con mayores beneficios en EEUU
- Over 500 top corporations, including a number from the Fortune 500, take part in the program.
- Today, Mexico has some of the richest people in the world and companies listed on the Fortune 500.
- One third of the Fortune 500 now use cash balance pension plans, compared to only one in 1985.
- For comparison, the median net return for all other industries in the Fortune 500 was only 3.3 percent of sales.
- I don't expect the Fortune 500, the Forbes 1,000, or any other list like that, to create the jobs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.