In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1combustible fósil masculino
- Shale oil is a fossil fuel, extracted from shale rocks through heat.
- We now use half of our fossil fuel to light, heat and cool buildings and we should do something about it.
- Natural gas is a clean alternative to oil, although it's also a fossil fuel and has its own problems.
- So burning coal or oil, which releases carbon from when the fossil fuel was formed, has a serious global warming effect.
- An important alternative to fertiliser from fossil fuel is biosolids recovered from sewage.
- It is a quagmire that eventually, under pressure for a million years or so, becomes a fossil fuel.
- But when it comes to a situation where we are importing carrots from Holland, think of all the fossil fuel that this uses.
- This fossil fuel could thus have been stored easily in 3,000 years at the present global growth rates.
- Our economy depends so much on fossil fuel that a lack of oil without any alternative fuel sources would lead to total chaos.
- Mr Rice said growing fuel crops to displace fossil fuel would reduce CO2 emissions without cuts in farm output.
- The surge in crude prices has prompted oil companies to boost exploration activities to discover more of the fossil fuel.
- Otherwise, the only fossil fuel they consume is the paraffin they put in their lamps.
- The fossil fuel burned by a passing car becomes a Palaeolithic thought bubble in the present.
- They die from our dependence on a fossil fuel - guzzling, outmoded means of transportation.
- It is a subsidised fossil fuel, and the Maui gasfield, unsurprisingly, is running out.
- The second most prominent and naturally most abundant fossil fuel is coal.
- Where are the corporate insiders with brains enough to convert the resource of fossil fuel into new products?
- Natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel, producing mostly just water vapor and carbon dioxide.
- It is history, a fossil burning fossil fuel, yet it lives.
- It is made from plant products, not fossil fuel, which means it is renewable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.