In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Derechoactos delictivos masculinothey suspect foul play — sospechan que se trata de una estafa (or un crimen etc.)
- Authorities are still investigating the reasons behind the fall, but do not believe that foul play was involved.
- According to the police chief, there is no evidence of foul play.
- It's a comic turn that really pays off, and ties neatly into the story's central themes of deception, foul play and murder.
- Technical examinations were continuing at the house last night to establish the cause of the fire, but Gardaí said foul play is not suspected.
- Police officials said the death appears to be of natural causes and no foul play is suspected.
- Some privately suggested that they suspected foul play and planned to question the commission on the specific results Monday.
- An inquest is planned, though no foul play is suspected.
- We just seem to think there was probably foul play involved.
- No cause of death was given but foul play is not suspected.
- A Garda spokesperson said that they were not looking for anyone in connection with the incident and that foul play was not suspected.
- An autopsy on his body has ruled out foul play and his death is judged to be a suicide.
- Detectives said the case will remain open pending the completion of toxicology tests, but no foul play was suspected.
- The circumstances of his death excited questions of foul play.
- Needless to say, if the police suspect some kind of foul play, there could be further inquiries, and possibly arrests as well.
- Police are not commenting on whether or not this is a case of runaways or if foul play is suspected, but they would like Southeast residents to provide tips.
- Police now suspect foul play and they're asking us for our help.
- Police said that foul play is suspected in his death, but have reported no leads.
- A Garda spokesman said officers did not suspect foul play.
- Police in Northern Ireland have ruled out any foul play in Fulton's death.
- However, the bank did say it did not suspect foul play.
(unfair action)juego sucio masculino
- New South Wales replacement Ryan McGoldrick was yellow-carded for foul play as he attempted to stop near the line.
- Based on these figures, it can be calculated that approximately half of all the injuries during the tournaments were caused by foul play.
- West Park tried to rally in the final quarter despite having a fourth player sent to the bin for foul play, and the visitors were boosted by a penalty try decision.
- Restricting penalties to offside culprits and foul play is long overdue since, as things stand, improper binding in a scrum can result in three points being handed to the opposition.
- There is a fine line between standing up for your team-mates and indulging in serious foul play but Pratt insists his actions went beyond the pale.
- Lagan lost a player due to foul play and that situation may have weakened their offense.
- This glorious sport must be freed from brutality and foul play.
- As the NUYS team shielded their opponents' attack with some tough defending, this resulted in some foul play and a penalty was awarded.
- There's too much foul play and violence in football.
- The referee awarded only a penalty for the foul play, and the full-back remained on the field.
- Persistent foul play or cynical moves such as deliberate handball would see the player sent to the sin-bin.
- Surely assisting the referee with decisions on foul play would assist the ref as well.
- He was charged with serious foul play and suspended for three games.
- He had no tolerance for messing with refs and foul play.
- For, despite - in general - an absence of serious foul play, the tournament has produced five red cards.
- Ignoring or not noticing the foul play the referee crowns the miscreant as the wrestling champion.
- 56 mins: Another England penalty for foul play in the front row.
- This will help rid the game of deliberate cheating and foul play.
- A penalty for foul play and backchat gave Booth yet another shot at goal.
- The Bramley discipline was in danger of completely collapsing at this stage which led to Cooke converting two penalties for foul play.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.