In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1prenda de corsetería femenino
- It is not uncommon for the straps of foundation garments to slide off the shoulder of the wearer.
- I was given tasks and chores to do, more than was humanly possible, and all to be performed while wearing constricting foundation garments, heels and a wig.
- Today's foundation garments are designed to show.
- The fabric, construction, and style indicate an average, utility foundation garment worn by a middling woman.
- When ordering, be sure to match the appropriate foundation garment to the selected wardrobe.
- She points out that today the enhancements and distortions of various body parts previously provided by foundation garments are now being replaced by the fashion of displaying a healthy body acquired through diet and exercise.
- After measuring the hips, waists, and chests of our mostly elderly customers, I would go into the stock room to find the proper ‘foundation garment.’
- Now the Japanese have perfected the formula that will keep foundation garments in tip-top condition.
- Spandex is used in foundation garments and hosiery.
- I always found bike shorts, foundation garments, and the like a bit too heavy for me.
- I witnessed a woman take a bundle of foundation garments to the exchange counter at Marks and request a refund.
- One of most curious abandoned items was a corselette, a woman's foundation garment, not easily removed.
- Always wash a foundation garment in a large bowl to avoid bending the garment more than is necessary.
- You can slim those hips by slipping into a ‘foundation garment’ along with some silky underwear.
- But change was coming and the third use of the foundation garment was about to be challenged.
- In order for your gown to look its best, your foundation garments must fit perfectly.
- Have the bride wear the same foundation garments and shoes she'll wear on her wedding day during the muslin bodice fitting.
- Pulling a look together meant the proper foundation garment that would keep everything in place.
- To me the word ‘Shapers’ suggests transformation or sculpting, like control-top pantyhose, corsets or mumsy foundation garments.
- There are also foundation garments there (or good old fashioned support hose, available at your local drugstore) that slim and smooth the hip area.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.