In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fox terrier femenino
- On one occasion, a woman had her underclothes stolen by a fox terrier.
- There are two types of fox terrier, smooth haired and wire haired.
- My parents' dog is a wire-haired fox terrier about eight years old.
- Alexandra is a fox terrier and needs special grooming for her coat, so I take her to the farmers' market on the King's Road, which is the best place.
- According to my vet, South Africans' favourite dogs are the everyday brak, the Labrador, Maltese poodle, Alsatian, Staffie, fox terrier, Rottweiler, Jack Russell, ridgeback and the boxer.
- He was judged against a flat-coated retriever, a giant schnauzer, an Old English sheepdog, a wire fox terrier, a saluki hound and Pekingese toy dog.
- She also likes running and mountain biking and has a fox terrier named Daisy.
- There was nothing spectacular about the place where she'd been living, a condominium in west Los Angeles that she shared with her wire fox terrier, Jiggs.
- Anyway they showed up in the filthiest old truck you've ever seen; peeling paint, balding tyres and a yapping fox terrier in the front.
- She noted that on one site where remains of five dogs were found, three were ‘short-nosed, about fox terrier size’ - ideal for chasing rats out of their holes.
- My dog had been trimmed and was battered looking, being a fox terrier it is possible that he was used as a fighting dog.
- Three newly-recognized AKC breeds competing for the first time are the Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever, German pinscher, and toy fox terrier.
- Terriers generally are happy, buoyant, and stubborn, and the fox terriers fit that bill quite well.
- Every morning he walks his fox terriers, Ruby and Albert, in Battersea Park.
- This woman bought a dog in Mexico, and they told her it was a Chihuahua, but when she brought it home, she discovered that in reality it was a wire-haired fox terrier!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.