In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(deception)fraude masculinoestafa femeninoby fraud — fraudulentamente
- This week we're looking at the consequences of fraud and financial mismanagement.
- It is a good idea to check with your existing bank as to who would be liable should fraud ever be perpetrated.
- The boy was arrested on fraud and deception charges and bailed until April.
- According to Trading Standards, the scheme is nothing more than criminal fraud.
- He was later sacked for gross misconduct on the grounds of deception and fraud.
- You can help stamp out the ID fraud by taking care of all your financial and personal information.
- Violent crime, theft and fraud are down, while criminal damage is comparatively low.
- The thumbprints would be held by stores and used to track criminals if a complaint of fraud is made.
- In the letter they warn that any attempt at ballot fraud will result in prosecution.
- It works for companies, lawyers and banks investigating anything from fraud to theft.
- Electronic payment fraud has also become a serious issue for financial institutions.
- Fortunately, all of this is incompetence rather than identity theft or some other fraud.
- No customer will suffer any loss as a result of fraud through no fault of their own.
- He is regularly instructed to defend or prosecute in murder, fraud and other serious crime.
- Both men face seven counts of fraud and tax evasion and could face 10 years in jail if convicted.
- The government says biometric cards are necessary to combat fraud and terrorism.
- Five staff face charges of criminal insider trading as well as civil fraud.
- This was a fairly seminal case in the evolution of fraud in the criminal law in this country.
- The firm collapsed as a result of the biggest securities fraud in the history of the state.
- Prosecutors also dropped wire fraud and computer fraud charges in the agreement.
2.1(person)farsanteimpostor masculinoimpostora femenino
- There are quite enough liars and careerist frauds in academia as it is.
- He withdrew from producing more of his own work, because he perceived that so people who are claiming to build on his work are frauds.
- It wouldn't be wise just to assume that judges are unerring oracles of law, but to leap to the opposite conclusion and decide they are frauds is even more foolish.
- What I'm talking about are serial losers and bamboozlers, serial frauds and fakes, serial blusterers and blowhards.
- What politician is going to call what the public perceives to be a well-meaning group of tragedy-stricken widows a gang of frauds and liars?
- We will tell you we are frauds and they will pretend that they are not.
- There are an astounding number of plain frauds and charlatans (to phrase it at its highest) in charge of the propaganda of the other side.
- If we do not expose him for a fraud and a charlatan we give him credibility.
- Otherwise all future columns will be printed without edit, thereby exposing us for the undereducated, overpaid frauds that we are.
- Actually, much of the licensing and regulation is aimed at protecting the public from frauds and quacks.
- We have these frauds, these psychologists, who know nothing more than you or I, telling us what's best for our children.
- Some are also famous in sceptical circles: the Davenports for claiming to be spirit mediums, and Houdini for busting frauds.
- That's a mighty weak basis on which to call us frauds, liars, and smear merchants.
- Nevertheless, the girls with no previous experience manage to blend in with the seasoned professionals without anyone pointing them out and calling them frauds.
- Not a few are able to live as frauds and hucksters who pad their resumes with myriad non-existent accomplishments and credentials.
- As the writer points out, peer review is good for picking out problems with methodology - but true frauds just fake the data.
- She is a black woman in a world of mostly white men; a 60-year-old workaholic who abides neither fools nor frauds.
- Thanks again for trying to get these frauds to prove and justify their ridiculous claims.
2.2(fraudulent thing)engaño masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.