In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)pub que no está vinculado a ninguna cervecería y por lo tanto puede vender cualquier marca de cerveza
- The Village Inn, as we will have to get used to calling it, is a free house, and Adrian serves a rotating guest beer alongside house favourites.
- We hope these will be taken in by various free houses to be sold on with £1 per pint going to the charity.
- The pair said they were partly attracted to the pub, which has a 50-seat restaurant, because it was a free house, allowing them to serve a selection of real ales.
- Present owner of The Swan Inn, Mike Dunford, said he was pleased that the pub would remain a free house, selling a variety of real ale, rather than being swallowed up by one of the big pub operators.
- It produces over 2,000 pints of beer every week for free house pubs as far away as Cheshire and Nottingham, as well as in Yorkshire.
- Now the free house has been awarded the title of Gloucestershire's Pub of the Year by the Campaign for Real Ale, beating 900 pubs across the county.
- Now firmly installed in the popular free house, the pair have turned their attention to stocking up with quality beers from at home and further afield.
- I mean, it is a free house, but it's really out of the way.
- He has built a chain of pubs, all along free house principles.
- There has been a slight rise in the number of free houses offering such promotions, from 14% to 21%.
- By contrast, the average price of lager at the six free houses we surveyed was £2.40, which appears to buck the trend in the guide.
- Already, the ale has made an impressive debut in free houses across the Dales and beyond - encompassing an area taking in Starbotton, across to Elslack and down to Silsden.
- Suppose that a brewery wants to turn a free house into a tied house.
- It's still early days, but we're hoping it will be available in as many free houses as possible.
- It may come as a surprise to him that pub numbers are down by 12 per cent since 20 years ago, and even free houses have closed in their thousands.
- We're a traditional free house catering mainly for walkers, cyclists and people from nearby campsites - and without this visiting trade, we couldn't survive,’ he says.
- The ale has made an impressive debut in free houses from the Yorkshire Dales to Silsden.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.