In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mercado libre masculinobefore noun free-market economy — economía de (libre) mercado femenino
- We are committed to a free-market system, and we will stay on that course.
- Hence in a free-market economy both consumption and production are in harmony with each other.
- Is free-market capitalism really the only way to participate in the global economy?
- We know, too, that America has once again benefited from the flexibility and resilience of its free-market economy.
- Nations like Hong Kong and Japan rose from the ashes of the Second World War as free-market economies.
- There are two types of ethical criticisms that can be made of the free-market system.
- Many developing countries have grown disenchanted with the free-market model in recent years.
- While the free market is not a perfect solution, because of human imperfection, it is the best solution.
- It has lured private capital for investment and created a transparent free-market system.
- These prices were then not subject to a free-market economy.
- Economic growth supported by free trade and free markets creates new jobs and higher incomes.
- A free-market economy has allowed the country to benefit from foreign trade and foreign investment.
- The spread of global free markets has also meant rising inequality.
- All free-market advocates realize that monetary inflation brings on price inflation.
- I make no apologies for being a champion of prosperity and its source, the free-market economy.
- The mixture of free markets with the civic vibrancy of early America created a new form of social life.
- Uncontrolled free-market capitalism is not the only way to bring peace, justice and security to 25 nations.
- Those supporting free markets would argue that there is excessive use of these tools to influence markets and that they will in fact cause more problems than they solve.
- The introduction of a free-market economy has brought China increasing prosperity.
- Even in this case, women will benefit more from a free-market system than from government regulation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.