In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cierre de la defensa masculino
- He has the range teams crave in a free safety, and he's a sure tackler.
- He is listed as a strong safety but also lines up at linebacker, cornerback, free safety and at the line of scrimmage.
- He has played everything from strong safety to free safety to nickel linebacker to nickel corner.
- Great passer, good shooter and plays defense like a free safety, waiting to pick off long passes.
- I always tried to be in a place where the quarterback didn't expect to find a free safety.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.