In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1guerrillero masculinoguerrillera femenino
- Your terrorist is my freedom fighter, your defenders are my oppressors - reverse them and apply as you will.
- In the first phase of his life, he was a freedom fighter, in the second phase, he was a master of creative literature in Aligarh while he spent the third phase of his life in Delhi.
- And the questions as to whether Fawkes was folk hero or felon, terrorist or freedom fighter, leader or stooge, are not being ignored by St Peter's.
- It is the interest of the freedom fighters to have a contemptible and tyrannical regime as their opponent.
- I can't be seen as a freedom fighter or liberator, nobody will make badges with my picture on them if I get sent to prison.
- The archbishop recalled that the freedom fighter was a journalist and one of the first Africans to start a newspaper with his own printing press.
- He rejected the idea of an all-out socialist economic system since his days as an anti-apartheid freedom fighter.
- He was a freedom fighter and served the country in several capacities before and after Independence.
- The figures which depict various aspects of her life as a freedom fighter, a politician, a prisoner and a helper of Dublin's poor, are cast in steel bronze.
- Perhaps al-Hindi had already crossed that blurred line from freedom fighter to terrorist.
- The trouble with being an international terrorist, freedom fighter or revolutionary is the puzzle of what to do with yourself once the glorious struggle is over.
- At home, he was a terrorist to the establishment and a freedom fighter to his people.
- There are still those who profess not to know the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter.
- Our goal is to establish a company that will allow these former freedom fighters to earn a good living for decades.
- Once a conquering hero, he is categorised as a dangerous freedom fighter by the country's brutal new Communist regime.
- Meetings were also held at other parts of the country to remember the freedom fighter.
- He sees himself as a Muslim freedom fighter, but he draws the line against violence against innocents.
- The true freedom fighters are the ones who call for the abolition of any and all states.
- The former President, himself a freedom fighter, showed a keen interest in each and every stamp which took him down memory lane.
- The books that I read dealing with national liberation struggles conveyed one clear message to me: ‘A freedom fighter should be pure, selfless and ready to sacrifice himself for the people’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.