In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1franqueo pagado por el destinatario masculino
- You can put on the envelope ‘This envelope is Freepost but by using a stamp you will save us money’ or something like that.
- Though the Lib Dems do run to a Freepost return address - with the proviso: No stamp needed but using one helps save our campaign costs.
- Each has a Freepost address and can be coded so that responses for individual events can be counted.
- Great idea, but you should be aware that Freepost addresses don't always go to the same place as the other mail.
- Many of our supporters are pensioners, who use the Freepost system to send us donations.
- Local people fill them in and send them back via the scout's Freepost address - helping to raise about £3,000.
- Only one agency had a Freepost address (a license under which the recipient pays the postage).
- A Freepost envelope is enclosed with each registration form for convenience.
- Parties should be paying for any Freepost number out of their own budget, not out of an uncapped budget.
- On receiving the capsule, participants filled in a checklist of events (fracture or major illness) and returned the form by Freepost.
- It works by using pre-addressed Freepost envelopes in which your GP can post your repeat prescription to a nominated Boots pharmacy every time you need to renew it.
- But, as with all Freepost addresses, the host organisation has to pick up the postage charges for all mail sent to that address, with every envelope costing the recipient more than a first-class stamp.
- He said that people should take time to read the Best Value performance plan and send in a Freepost questionnaire detailing their thoughts.
- If you are not at home when they call, they will leave you a Freepost envelope.
- Not only that but, in the small print, the actual costs of this futile exercise are £8,082 for the main document plus £3,320 for the printing of the postcards - and up to £11,223 if 60 per cent of the cards are returned via Freepost.
- The cabinet member for education said: ‘I would urge everyone interested in these arrangements to complete the questionnaires using the Freepost response envelopes or by e-mail from the council's website.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.