In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aliño para ensaladas a base de aceite, vinagre y mostazaaderezo (para ensaladas) a base de aceite, vinagre y tomate EEUU
- What we've got now is a place to go to dinner where you can order seafood soup glistening with sea cucumbers while your date has a nice filet mignon and a salad with some homemade French dressing.
- It is also used in soups, salads, sauces, egg dishes, French dressings and in a butter sauce for chicken.
- Some French dressings have 180 calories and 12 fat grams in each 2-tablespoon serving, but mine has only 57 calories and 3.9 fat grams.
- On the side are shredded iceberg, two big tomato slices, a plastic ramekin of bright orange vinaigrette that's less sweet than French dressing, and a pile of fries.
- Remember the French dressing and tomato sauce this week.
- The first one is a French dressing you will want to keep handy in the refrigerator.
- I wouldn't have salad that had been within five feet of French dressing before.
- I ordered chicken fried steak, green beans, mashed potatoes and a chef salad with French dressing and a Diet Coke.
- After chopping the cooked potatoes, toss them in French dressing.
- There are other dressings, such as mayonnaise, salad dressings, and homogenized French dressings, in which much finer spice particles are desired.
- Our complaint was well handled, and another salad arrived without dressing, though a classic French dressing would probably have solved the problem.
- This section is dedicated to making your salads a lively affair, from basic French dressings to the classic avocado dips.
- Shannon makes her favorite French dressing ahead, but guests can also create their own dressings from a selection of oils and vinegars at the salad end of the bar.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.